Monday, July 23, 2007

Heart Touching LoveStory

I was one of those guys who laughed at Kadir’s movie concept for Premikula Roju, a boy and a girl who happen to be the netizens, citizens of internet, chatting on some chat-engine falling in love. But life makes you walk those paths which are foreseen never.

My name is Mahendra, Mahi in short; I love to be called like that. I am a B.Tech graduate. I am also a guy who was dragged away by the teen love kinda stuff.

Joining engineering was never my dream or ambition. It just happened. I did not know what internet was and what it does for you. But in second year of my engg at Rajahmundry, I used to go to net centers with one of my friends, Arun. Slowly I was attached to the chatting and netcafes, which later on became an addiction. Initially I had only one chat friend, Sindhu who was doing her engg in Kakinada. She was a friend of Arun. I used to chat with her very frequently, almost every day. Sindhu had a friend, Anjali, who was her classmate. In due time, Sindhu had a word about me with Anjali. Anjali just wanted to tease me, so got my mail id from Sindhu. She gave me an offline mentioning that she was my childhood friend. I replied back asking for clarity about who she was, as I could not recollect any of my friends or classmates with that name. She had guessed that I would reply back that I knew who she was, as every boy does. But as her guess went wrong, she revealed her identity and asked me to take light about what has happened. Friendship took birth between us. We became very intimate. But as time went on, I felt that the relation was just more than friendship with Anjali. But it was very difficult for me to tell this to her as I feared this would spoil the relation we had. But I did not want to keep this feeling with me, so dared to take a step and proposed her. I guessed she would be hurt, but she gave me no response for some days. But we were on calls as usual. As she did not give any response I too did not dare to ask again. I was getting very nervous and was in a confused state fearing that some day she would give me some negative response. Actually my fear was not about the negative response, but the fear of losing her. She was my soul mate. Finally one day, she gave me a sms. I LOVE YOU MAHI. That is one of my ‘the best moments’ of life.

One night we were on phone till 3 in morning. Next morning at 10’o clock, I guess, got a call from her again but this was a surprise. She said that she was in Rajahmundry along with her parents. They had come for the pushkaras (2003). I could not believe this, excited actually. She said, due to some rituals, she should not attend some pooja on that day. So she had to stay outside the temple and that she wanted to meet me. I forgot to mention you, this was the first time I was going to meet her, in person. Till now we saw each other only on web cam and photo sharing. No words with me to describe those moments, after all we were love birds coming together. That is the reason why I mentioned about Premikula Roju movie earlier. I could not believe that some times in real life incidents do happen like those on reel. Had a great time with her but for a very short while of about 20 minutes.

But after our first encounter, I used to meet her, at least once in a week, as our places were not so far. Bunking college became one of my regulars. We had very intimate moments. By now the age of our relation was 2 years. I completed my B.Tech, thank God. Now she was in her final year of engg. I shifted now to Bangalore. I could not clear any interviews in our campus. Initially, it was very tough time for me to spend in Blr. Very far from her, I missed her a lot. In spite of that distance, I used to meet her at least once in a month, no change in schedule of phone calls. I started job trials in Blr, her parents started alliances for her. Now-a-days, the criterion for a girl to get married is not reaching an age of 21 but getting into final year of her bachelor degree. I felt like that as I had seen many of my female friends getting married like this. One year was already gone showing no progress in my job trials but Anjali was getting many alliances. She was rejecting every alliance. She was in such a love with me that she took an extreme step. She broke one alliance by informing about our love to that person. (I love you Anjali.) I was getting very upset day by day. It was very difficult to balance the conditions going on in my life. Disappointment of not getting job and fear of losing her, these were always pricking me. I was talking to her on phone regularly but my conscience was hitting me constantly, to get a career first and then win her. I don’t know any name to describe the relation we had in that period. Gradually the number of phone calls came down. One day I was in a very dull mood, I had lost in the HR round of Robert Bosche, adding to that mood, the same day I got a call from her with the news that she was engaged to some X and the marriage was in next 20 days. I did not know what to do and what I was doing. All I could do was stay alone and lonely in my room. I was in shock for almost a month. By the time, I came out of shock; every thing was out of control and lost. She was married and started her new life with X. After she was engaged she called me once. I tried to call, but every time I dial her, I felt it was not fair. But after her marriage, I never tried to contact her. I knew that she had to listen to her parents forcibly or some other reasons had made her to marry some other person.

What went wrong with us?

Was it a mistake to love?

Was it wrong to hide the issue from parents?

Was I not sincere at my efforts to win her?

I some times feel that I should have concentrated an extra bit on my career during college. Love does play a part of life but not at the cost of a career. I have a career now, a cool job. If I had started a career at the right time, I would have won her. I miss u a lot Anjali…… No matter what happens to you, life does not stop, after all life is all about moving on.

2 comments:

Madz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madz said...

If you love something set it free...if it comes back to you it's yours...if it doesn't ...it was never your's
:-)
TC